Summary of the easiest way to rotate the screen from using keyboard shortcuts to advanced settings for laptops, computers, iphone, android, ipad
windows rotate screen
rotate screen windows 10
rotate screen windows 7
1. How to rotate screen in window 7
Step 1: Right click on the selected computer screen
Step 2: At Orientation kick on the select box to rotate the screen.
Meaning of options:
Landscape: will retain the current screen
Landscape (flipped): will reverse the screen
Portrait: Rotate left
Portrait (flipped): Rotate right
Demo example of rotating the screen to the left.
In addition, you can rotate the screen of your computer, laptop Windows 10, 8, 7, XP quickly by pressing the shortcut key as follows:
CTRL + ALT + Up arrow = Landscape (default)
CTRL + ALT + Down arrow = Landscape (flipped)
CTRL + ALT + Left arrow = Portrait
CTRL + ALT + Right arrow = Portrait (flipped)
So, above, we have introduced you how to rotate Win 7 8 XP screen horizontally and in reverse direction quite simply. Now you can rotate the screen in any position you like without changing the position of your laptop or PC screen.
1. How to rotate the screen on windows 10
Step 1: Right-click on the Desktop and select Display settings
Step 2: Next, in the new window you find Orientation and choose one of the following items:
• Landscape: Normal screen
• Portrait: The screen rotates horizontally
• Landscape (flipped): Screen upside down
• Portrait (flipped): The screen rotates horizontally but opposite the Portrait direction ;
For example here we choose the direction Portait screen will rotate horizontally to the left, you click Keep Change to save changes or press Revert to cancel.
Try the Shortcuts (Intel). Some graphics integrated cards often support keyboard shortcuts to change the orientation of the display. You can use shortcuts to switch orientation mode faster.
If the computer is using an Intel integrated graphics adapter, you can use the keyboard shortcut to change the direction. But, for machines using Nvidia or AMD cards, support for this function is not supported.
• Ctrl+Alt+↓ - Rotate the screen upside down.
• Ctrl+Alt+→ - Rotate the screen to the right at 90 ° angle.
• Ctrl+Alt+← - Rotate the screen to the left at 90 ° angle.
Ctrl+Alt+↑ - Rotate the screen back to the standard horizontal orientation.
5. Check the video card of the Control Panel. Nvidia, AMD, and Intel graphics circuit boards often install a control panel program that allows you to adjust specific converters.
You can usually access the control panel by right-clicking on the desktop or entering Windows' Start Menu or Control Panel.
• Find options "Rotate" or "Orientation". In the Nvidia control panel, find the "Rotate display" option in the left menu. In AMD Catalyst Control Center, you can find the "Rotation" menu in the Desktop Properties section or the "Rotation" section in "Display Settings" for Intel graphics.
• Create shortcuts to rotate the screen (AMD). If you are using an AMD or ATI card, Catalyst Control Center software allows you to create shortcuts to rotate the screen.
Right click on the desktop and select "Catalyst Control Center" (Catalyst Control Center).
Click the "Preferences" button and select "Hotkeys".
Select "Display Manager" from the drop-down menu, and then set the key combination you want to use to make another screen rotation option. The key combination mentioned in Step 4 usually does not have many other functions, so it may be the best option.
Be sure to check the boxes to activate your new hotkeys.
• Update your device's drivers if you don't have any screen rotation options. If you do not see any screen rotation options and shortcuts that do not support screen rotation, you can activate this function by updating your video card driver. You should download the latest driver directly from the manufacturer instead of using Windows Update.
• • AMD and Nvidia have hardware detection tools, so this tool will automatically detect the graphics card you are using and provide the latest driver. You can run these tools from the driver's download page itself, or you can search for the type of driver you know.
• • If you want to know what type of conversion graphics you are using, press the ⊞ Win+R key and enter dxdiag. Then click on the "Display" edge to see the graphics card manufacturer and card type.
Note, computer manufacturers can disable screen rotation. The screen rotation option is not really provided by Windows, but depends on whether the hardware manufacturer has enabled it.
Most computers have this option enabled, but sometimes a computer does not support it. Laptops are the most common victims of losing screen rotation.
How to rotate the computer screen for Mac
Step 1: Open System Preferences by clicking on the Apple icon on the top left of the screen. (If System Preferences is open, turn it off and on again)
Step 2: Click Open Display in System Preferences
Step 3: In this Displays section, you will have two main items: Display and Color. To rotate the screen, make sure you are in the Display section.
And you will see the Rotation box (rotate the screen). Change from Standard to 900, 180o or 270o according to your purpose.
Rotate the screen by changing it in Rotation
Step 4: After you make a choice, the screen will automatically rotate for you to preview, and if you are sure this is how the display is like you want, you will press confirm. If not, press Esc and the screen will return to its original state.
Press confirm to confirm that you want to rotate the screen
If your computer does not display Rotation, it is possible that your hardware does not support rotating the screen, or that the Rotation item is hidden in the Displays section.
In older versions of Mac OS X, the Rotation item needs to be turned on manually. You can hold Alt + Cmd while opening System Preferences and still keep the keyboard combination when you click the Displays section, and the Rotation item will show up even if it wasn't previously available.
Using Alt + Cmd can cause some errors, including whether your screen will be blacked out, even if the computer is still active, especially if you are using MacOS Sierra.
To fix the error, you can try using Shift + Cmd + Q and press E again, your screen will return to the log in page, after logging in, you will see your screen showing the average usually with your desired screen rotation direction (horizontal, vertical).
Hopefully this article will help you get a small tip in computer screen rotation as well as more flexibly in using the screen for your needs, especially if you desire to run two screens in parallel.
To lock the screen rotation on iPhone, iPad iOS in 9 and 10 operating systems. You can manipulate quickly by swiping the screen from the bottom up to appear the Control Center panel, select the lock icon rotate along the screen and The icon turns red as shown below to lock the screen, when you want to rotate the screen, you do the opposite until the icon turns gray. This is how to lock the basic screen rotation and you can apply it to any iPhone product like iPhone 7, 7 Plus, 6S, 6S Plus, 6, 6 Plus, 5s, 5.
#rotatescreen #windows_7_how_to_rotate_screen #rotate_the_screen_in_windows_8